Coaching and Mentoring Skill for Clinical Supervisors
Duration: 1 day
Schedule: 9am - 5.30pm
Dates: As requested
Fees: On application
On successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- provide participants with the knowledge and skills to coach staff
- structure and deliver an effective coaching session
- provide timely and effective feedback
- develop ones confidence in using coaching as part of your daily skills set
- understand where coaching fits into improving performance of your staff
- prepare and run an effective competence/performance review meeting with your intern.
All healthcare professionals who are required to provide training in their hospital or healthcare facility
- What is coaching and why is it so important for staff's development?
- The role of the supervisor tutor as a coach
- The T grow model of coaching
- What is feedback?
- How to give timely & effective feedback
- Running an objective competency review meeting
1 x day (0900 - 1730)
Maximum Number of Participants
Participants will be involved in skills practice, role play and syndicate work during the course.
For further details please contact Mr Dermot O'Flynn at firstname.lastname@example.org