Clinical Leadership Programme
Duration: 2 days
Schedule: 9am - 5.30pm
Dates: Contact RCPI
On successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Develop a set of leadership skills that will allow them to manage themselves and others more effectively.
- Understand the importance of planning, organising and leading in their role as SHO’s.
- Demonstrate their ability to work in a team and solve operational problems using effective team skills.
- Interperate their learning style and how they can improve and apply their learning styles on the job.
- Develop their knowledge and understanding of the Irish Healthcare system and the role of the doctor/ manager within this system.
- Write lifelong learning objectives and measure their success.
- Apply best practice in quality improvement projects.
- Manage their time more effectively.
All Royal College of Physicians Basic Specialist Trainees (BST’s)
Professionalism, the 8 Domains of competence, & SWOT analysis
Leadership versus management, what is the difference
Medical leadership competency framework
Managing one self, time, stress and resilience
The Irish Health Service & the role of the doctor
Working and developing the service in multidisciplinary health care teams
Influencing and negotiations skills
Setting objectives for lifelong learning
Quality improvement in hospitals
2x days (0900 - 1730)
Maximum Number of Participants
Participants will be involved in skills practice, role play and syndicate work during the course.
For further details please contact Jehan Henehan at JehanHenehan@RCPI.IE.