IOL alumni present at the 34th Annual International Nursing and Midwifery Research & Education Conference.
The 34th Annual International Nursing and Midwifery Research & Education Conference ‘Advancing Nursing & Midwifery Practice: Linking National & International Perspectives’ took place on Wednesday 18th and Thursday 19th February 2015. The Institute of Leadership was delighted to be part of the conference and our involvement included :
Oral presentations from Institute of Leadership Graduates and Networks:
- Emergency Department Workforce Planning Framework: To assist the standardisation of workforce planning approaches across emergency departments and the emergency care networks nationally. Susanna Byrne & Sibeal Carolan
- The Introduction of clinical Microsystems into an emergency department. Charlotte O’ Dwyer
- Discharge planning: A team approach to reducing length of stay for patients awaiting long term care. Angela Smyth
- Implementation of quality safety walk rounds (QSWRS) in a Dublin Academic Teaching Hospital (DATH). Petrina Donnelly
- Establishment of collaborative home catheterization service – Hospital avoidance action research project. Gwen Regan
Poster presentations included:
- Using audit for clinical governance: The prescription and administration of medicines – A quality improvement and leadership approach. Jennie Synnott
- An organisational project demonstrating the introduction of a patient dependency measurement process to a medical/oncology unit in an acute hospital. Raymond Healy
- Introducing and populating risk registers in four clinical units in a teaching hospital; A Quality & Safety initiative. Siobhan Milliken
- Commissioning a short stay observation unit (SSOU) in a Children’s facility within a Dublin Academic Teaching Hospital. Eoin Power.
Our photo shows Eoin Power, ADON Tallaght Hospital, Charlotte O'Dwyer, ADON The Children's Hospital, Temple Street & Angela Smyth, St Vincents University Hospital.