The RCSI United Arab Emirates offers 5 partial scholarships to its Academic programmes:
- Two scholarships for the MSc in Healthcare Management
- Three scholarships for the MSc in Quality & Safety in Healthcare Management
The value of each scholarship is 10,000 AED, which will be deducted from the cost of your MSc programme.
Applicants for Scholarships must provide the following documentation:
- Documentary proof of a primary degree in healthcare related field.
- Proof of UAE Equivalency if your primary degree-awarding institution does not appear on the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research’s (MOHESR) Recognised Institutions list. Please ring MOHESR on +971 (0)2 6951300 for more information.
- Documentary proof of a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of, at least, 3.0 on a 0 – 4.0 scale. If your CGPA is not in this format, please visit World Education Services at www.wes.org for details of how you can attain your CGPA in this format.
- Documentary proof of English language proficiency. A TOEFL score of at least 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based or 79 on the internet-based test or an IELTS score of at least 6.0. Your result must have been obtained within 2 years of the 30th September 2015.
- There are two exceptions to the requirement to undertake an English proficiency test:
- If you are a native speaker of English (i.e. you are a national of a country where English is the official language) and have completed your undergraduate education in an English medium institution in a country where English is the official language.
- If you were admitted to and graduated from an English medium institution and can provide evidence that you acquired a minimum TOEFL score of 500 on the paper-based test (or its equivalent on another standardised test approved by MOHESR) upon admission to your undergraduate programme.
- Scholarship applicants must submit an essay entitled ‘Why gaining the Masters in Healthcare Management/Quality & Safety in Healthcare Management will benefit me and my Organisation”.
- Maximum of 800 words - essays 10% or more over word count will not be reviewed.
- Must be written in English.
- Paper size A4.
- Text font is Times New Roman size 12 including headings.
- Headings should be in bold.
- Only black font should be used.
- Line spacing of 1.5.
- Insert a double space between paragraphs.
- Page numbers should be inserted at bottom center or right of each page.
- Please include a cover sheet with the following information:
- Essay title
- MSc Programme for which you are applying for scholarship
- Your name (as on your MSc Application Form)
- Your mobile telephone number
- Your email address
- Essay word count (excluding cover sheet)
- Once submitted, essays cannot be edited or modified.
All documentation relevant to your scholarship application including your essay must be sent via softcopy to firstname.lastname@example.org and a hardcopy sent by 5pm (UAE time) on 31st August 2016 to the RCSI-Dubai office:
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland -Dubai
RCSI Institute of Leadership
Mohammed Bin Rashid Academic Medical Center
Building 14, Office 203,
P.O. Box 505095,
Dubai Healthcare City,
United Arab Emirates
We will acknowledge receipt of your application to the email address you provide us with.
All applications will be assessed by the Academic Staff and you will be notified in due process.