The MSc Quality & Safety in Healthcare programme aims to:
- Provide students with a sound knowledge base appropriate to master’s level.
- Develop students’ ability to challenge assumptions and to question values, beliefs and policies underpinning health and healthcare, at individual and organisational levels.
- Develop students as reflective practitioners with the skills, confidence and awareness necessary to identify and implement evidence based quality and safety in healthcare.
- Develop the ability to use quality improvement tools and interventions that are specific to quality and safety in healthcare.
- Provide students with the skills necessary to develop and critique appropriate research and evaluation methodologies.
- Develop students’ ability to integrate skills and knowledge gained throughout the programme.
Modules are assessed by either an individual written assignment, team assignment or an examination