This programme will provide students with the skills and knowledge to:
- Critically discuss the role of the manager in healthcare and how organisations and people work within the healthcare system.
- Evaluate and use measurement tools for quality and safety.
- Manage across boundaries - and evaluate how high quality services can best be designed, configured and delivered.
- Assume a strategic leadership role as an advocate for improved healthcare delivery.
- Debate internal and external catalysts for quality and understand the core concepts of quality and safety.
- Effectively manage people, finances and organisational resources.
- Complete an organisational development project, reflect on the learning gained and evaluate the project from a leadership & healthcare management perspective.
Your learning on each module is assessed by one of a number of methods: examination, individual assignment or team assignment and case studies.