The following criteria are specified by the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA) on behalf of the United Arab Emirates Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (MOHESR):
- Cumulative Grade Point Average
- Equivalency Certificate
- English Proficiency
Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA)
- Applicants must have a primary degree.
- Applicants should have a CGPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 point scale from their primary degree.
- Applicants who have a CGPA of less than 3.0 on a 4.0 point scale from their primary degree, may be admitted for 2 modules of the MSc programmes. If the applicant achieves an average CGPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 point scale for these 2 modules, they may progress with the MSc programme.
- All primary degrees awarded outside of the United Arab Emirates, or that are not on the UAE MOHESR approved list, must be assessed for equivalency by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- Contact should be made with the Ministry of Higher Education & Scientific Research (MOHESR). MOHESR can be contacted at the following numbers:
+971 (0)2 6951273
+971 (0)2 6951274
+971 (0)2 6951284
+971 (0)2 6951285
- MOHESR staff will guide you through the requirements of the process. Please note, that depending on the country from which you obtained your primary degree, this process can take a considerable amount of time. You are advised to start the process as early as possible.
- A TOEFL score of at least 550 on the paper-based, 213 on the computer based or 79 on the internet-based test, or the equivalent score on another standardised test approved by MOHESR, such as an IELTS score of 6.0 is required for completion the MSc programmes.
- There are two exceptions to the above:
- If you are a native speaker of English and have completed your undergraduate education in an English institution in a country where English is the official language.
- If you were admitted to and graduated from an English medium institution and can provide evidence that you acquired a minimum TOEFL score of 500 on the paper-based test (or its equivalent on another standardised test approved by MOHESR) upon admission to your undergraduate programme.
- Applicants may be accepted onto the MSc programmes provided they have a TOEFL score of at least 530 on the paper-based test, 197 on the computer based test or 71 on the internet-based test (or its equivalent using a standardised test approved by MOHESR). Applicants may complete 2 modules of the MSc programme, after which they must submit a TOEFL score of at least 550 on the paper-based test or its equivalent.
Please note that English proficiency tests are valid for 2 years after they are taken. If your result is more than 2 years old then you are required to obtain a new result.
For further information please contact Mylin Araujo at email@example.com.